Thursday, January 10, 2013
Nutrition e-Learning Course and Community
The overall purpose of the course and community is to assist coaches with improving the diet of their players, with the goal of improving performance on the pitch. It was developed with the assistance and input of coaches including over 200 responses to an online questionnaire.
The five objectives of the course and community are to:
- Test coaches’ knowledge through the Introductory Quiz
- Confirm and clarify knowledge so that coaches can answer questions asked by players and parents
- Apply knowledge to the scenarios we have created
- Develop a digital resource to engage players and parents
- Be an ongoing resource for coaches in the area of soccer diet
The features include the following:
- Video lectures for 14 modules
- Over 100 interactive tasks and over 150 video clips
- Real life scenarios which tackle everyday problems
- How to develop a blog for your players and their parents
- Interaction with Professor Williams and other coaches
- Access to download all 15 chapters of Professor Williams’ book: "The SCIENCE of Soccer Online", 2nd edition (a $17 value)
The course includes the following topics:
- Making Solid Selections
- Match-day Strategies
- The Congested Calendar
- Eating on the Run
- Keeping a Diet and Training Journal
By enrolling in the course, you will have access to the community for 5 years.
Cost: $50 (£30) but available until January 31st at an 'unbelievable ' Introductory price of $30 (£19)
Click here to enroll!
Posted by Jay Williams, Ph.D.