For the first time, the WCSS will be held the United States. The scientific community in the U.S. is poised to collaborate with leading scientists worldwide who conduct research on all aspects of soccer. The Conference expects to draw 300 guests from around the world – bringing the best international soccer scientists into a dialogue with a growing group of U.S. scientists. The Conference program will combine keynote speakers, invited symposia and both oral and poster research presentations. Internationally leading scientists and practitioners will address the emerging new challenges in the various domains of soccer-related world.
The conference schedule is posted HERE. Along with the list of topics are links to short bios of each speaker.
Some of the key highlights are…
- Keynote speaker: Jeff Agoos, Major League Soccer
- A field session followed by a science talk by Jens Bangsbo on high intensity training
- Athletic developmental model for youth Soccer athletes by Jan Willem Teunissen and Geert Savelsberg
- Sleep and the elite athlete by Shona Halson from the Australian Institute of Sports
- Periodization of soccer nutrition by James Morton, Liverpool FC
- Injury prediction and prevention by Ravi Ramineni, Seattle Sounders
- Physical fitness education and development of National Team players in European countries by Helena Andersson, Swedish Football Association and Dawn Scott, US Soccer Federation
As a bonus, The World Conference on Science and Soccer is working with Prozone to offer a Performance Analysis Training Session just prior to the WCSS event.
This is sure to be an exciting and informative event for coaches, trainers and scientists!
For more information on registration, lodging, please visit the WCSS website.